Hey guys!! Today I wanna take the time to discuss starting your own Self-Care Routine. We get lost in every day responsibility’s, such as going to work, school, events, and etc we forget to take time for ourselves and begin to stress forgetting the main importance of our mind, body, and soul. I decided to make my own self-care routine to take some time during my day to focus on myself and hope to help others gain how to love yourself.
Here is my Self-Care Routine I made ! Take a Look(:
So let’s break down the schedule shall we (:
- 9:30 am – Wake up and Enjoy the day I believe waking up at 9:30 am is a good set time, its not too late and not to early. If you have a hard time waking up early here is a good tip I use, set up an alarm on your phone around 9 am and it will help you to take some time to wake up before your set time.
- 10:00 am- Make some Breakfast My personal favorite is cheerios with sliced bananas (yes I had just singed Gwen Stefani’s Hollaback Girl to remember to spell Bananas) But a perfect breakfast (in my opinion) Some nice iced coffee with a some avocado toast, anything that fills your belly (:
- 10:30am – Walk around the Neighborhood Sometimes a walk around your neighborhood takes some to relax your mind, just listen to some music and enjoy the your time by yourself. Another good place to walk is around the park, meet new people and enjoy some nice breeze.
- 11:00am – Nice Steamy Shower and Face Mask A great way to start the day is to take a nice shower or bubbly bath, It opens up your face, body, and helps your hair become super clean. Also, it makes you feel wide awake and you’re more determined to start your day on the right foot. Also, after a shower putting on a face mask really helps with your skin and a great way to make yourself feel good.
- 11:30am – Hair, Nails, and Make up time! When you fix your hair, do your nails, and add a little makeup it can go a long way!As my mom would always say to me “Look good, feel good!” Do something new with your hair, try out a fishtail braid (I don’t know if that still is popular but it looks super pretty), Half up half down in a cute bun with scrunches, personally what I do is my hair is super frizzy and curly so I always blow out and flat iron my hair. Doing your nails is always super relaxing, but personally I always mess up every time I do them on my own so I go and get them done professionally. Last make up, just add a little foundation, mascara, and some lip gloss and you are good to go! Don’t go to crazy a little bit is fine, unless you are a makeup god and can contour, can do some amazing winged eyeliner, and can apply false lashes. Do your thing!! I am forever envious of you ha ha!
- 12:00pm – Pick out a Cute Outfit An outfit can decide how you will determine your day, wearing your favorite sweatshirt and yoga pants you just wanna stay in your bedroom all day and relax or if you wear those jeans you have been dying to feel comfortable in and a cute tank top with a cardigan you would def want to show it off! But, if you are undecided try to wear your favorite leggings, (trust me I know I hate wearing jeans) , A flowly top with a cardigan and some cute converse or combat boots !
- 12:30 pm- Plan a ride somewhere local Getting out of the house is a great way to get some fresh air, roll down the windows, and dance in your car while everyone watches you having fun. Some good local spots I would say is go to a coffee shop (my favorite place to drink some cute coffee drinks) , the beach and a nature preserve.
- 1:00 pm- Favorite Playlist Pick your favorite playlist to jam out to while driving, something that makes you feel happy and enjoy your day! my personal favorite of my playlists is the Early 2000’s reminding me of the good old times and memories, forever will jam out to Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake !
- 1:30 pm – Write about your trip Keep a journal or a personal diary and write about your day and how it made you feel, writing about your day and how you feel helps you express your feelings! Its a good way to look back on how you felt and make you smile about that personal memory.
- 2:00pm – Call a family member or friend The best thing to do is always keep in contact with friends and family Tell the about your day and ask them how they are doing as well, its always good to keep in contact with the people you love !! Make plans with them as well, try to do fun activities with them or meet up with them at one of their houses for some coffee or tea (:
- 2:30 pm – Light Lunch Nothing is better than lunch time, Have an apple with some yogurt and some iced tea sounds like a yummy meal!! my favorite thing to eat during lunch is something with avocados is the way to my heart and iced tea sounds amazing !!
- 3:00pm – Make plans with Friends Making plans with friends is to let go of the stress of everyday life and take a breath and say “ah” I love hanging out with my friends, its a great way for me to destress (is that even a word) and make funny jokes and just enjoy the moment with the people I care about the most and have fun ! Nothing is better than hanging out with people who you love the most and accept you for who you are !
- 3:30 pm – Go to the Beach and Dance Around A nice trip to the beach around sunset is the best thing to do, sometimes bringing my friends makes the trip more fun ! Getting some snacks from 7/11 and a big gulp would sound amazing park near the sunset and get out of the car and dance to your favorite songs with your friends !! Best feeling ever ! Just being free with the breeze ! Sounds like a good time for me!
- 4:00 pm– Sit around with the family Sitting around with your family is the best way to recount the day and talk about your day and what happened, tell some funny jokes! My family and I sit around the dinner table while my mom makes dinner and we enjoy eachothers company while my dog waits for food to drop on the floor so she can eat it !
- 4:30 pm – Dinner The best time is Dinner in my opinion, sitting around the round table and discussing about your day ! You get to recount your day with everyone and bring something to the table while munching on some spaghetti and meatballs or Italian bed (my favorite thing about dinner is the bread and the only thing I eat) I love my carbs !!
- 5:00 pm – Yoga Clearing your mind and doing some yoga poses, while playing the best yoga playlist that Spotify has to offer you, puts you in a great mindset and relaxing your mind,body, and soul. Try to do it outside as well If you are sick doing it in your room, I did yoga for a month at a Yoga Studio and I loved it im trying to get back into it !!
- 5:30 pm – Play with your furry friends The best thing to do is to snuggle up with your cat, bunny, dog, etc. I love hanging out with my dog Lucky I snugs with her while she is on my bed because In my house we are super loud and my poor dog gets scared easily. But, I give her cuddles and let her sleep on the left side on my bed and shes my friend.
- 6:00 pm – Clean up the House Cleaning up the house is a good way to help others in your household, My mom is probably going to read this and start saying “You never clean up” which is true. But, just cleaning your bed room or putting your clothes away can make a big impact in household chores.
- 6:30 pm- Comfy Pj’s Time Its the best feeling to get out of your everyday clothes and get into your favorite cozy pj’s my all time favorite is my Cheshire cat onesie that I now found out my dad threw out because he did not believe 21 year old should be wearing Disney onesies (he doesn’t understand my love for Alice in Wonderland) Still I have not forgiven him for throwing it out.
- 7:00 pm – Put some T.V. on ! Netflix and Hulu are the way to go !! Watch a funny movie (my current favorite is Sing that movie , with the animals doing the singing competition and I laugh all the time ) or binge watch your favorite t.v. series (Big Mouth is my favorite go to show Coach Steve is mad funny don’t fight me on that)
- 7:30 pm – Explore the Internet Looking up on amazon all the cheap stuff you wanna buy (my personal favorite is boho bags not gonna lie love carry them around) or going on youtube and watching some funny videos or jam out to some music playlists on there!
- 8:00 pm – Put some fuzzy socks on ! Nothing is better to put on some fuzzy socks before you get ready for bed and snuggle up in bed. my all time favorite fuzzy socks are the ones with the animals on them I currently own the llama ones that I got for Christmas
- 8:30 pm – Cuddle with some blankets Gather up some blankets and begin to cuddle up with them in your bed, I have about 5 blankets I bury myself with while going under the covers and my heads laying on 5 million pillows.
- 9:00 pm- Bed Time Hit the hay tomorrow is a new day !! I like going to bed at 9 pm cause im now old ( Lol not really) But im always excited to start a new day and continue the cycle again !!
Thanks for reading guys hope this helps!! you don’t need to follow all these steps at these times (trust me sometimes I don’t) but its a good stepping stone on you should take some time and try to take care of yourself! IF you are feeling down and depressed and don’t have really a set routine you can totally follow this or make one your own !! Thank you Everyone !