Hi Everyone ! Its been a couple of days since I last wrote, sorry for going M.I.A. for a while I have been on and off with writing a new blog post because I haven’t felt really inspired the past couple of days or should I say weeks.. So I kind of went missing and taking some time to myself. But, the other day while I was getting ready to go out I always put a movie on to hear some background noise when I get ready and I decided to watch Lost in Translation with Scarlett Johansson and Bill Murray, I never really knew the background of the movie I just remembered when I was little my mom had the Dvd in the house and I saw the iconic photo of Bill Murray in a bathrope in a hotel room. But, I was only 6 when I saw it and I was super confused. But, the movie was about two people Bob who is a famous actor and Charlotte who is staying with her photographer husband feeling very lost in their lives and are currently staying in a hotel in Japan. They feel lost not having any connection with the people because of the language barrier. Watching the movie I connected with the main character Charlotte, she is around my age and she was dealing with depression feeling like she cant tell anyone about whats going on with her making herself isolated from everyone. She is not happy in her marriage and she feels lost with where she is going in life and wants to find the true meaning of happiness. I related to her a lot as someone who just finished up college in the winter and still feels lost on what I wanna do and started to overthink “its not gonna get better” “everything sucks right” after I finished up with college I started to get sad and not feel like myself, I felt lost and confused with what was going on around me and I felt so isolated from the world. I think this movie helps a lot with dealing with depression or how it feels going through it, It was crazy how much I related to the main character . The one line that stood out to me the most is when she is talking to the another main character Bob in the hotel room and asks, “Does it get better?” at first he says “no” and then “yes” I related to this a lot because I always asked myself in my head “Will I get better” “Will it become easier” but in reality, life is hard and difficult but you can get through it no matter what ! Its normal to feel sad but it will get better you just need good people who surround you and encourage you to be the best person you can be !
Hey Everyone ! How is everyone’s day going ? I’m always bad at starting these blogs because I have no idea what to say first so I usually write the first thing that comes to mind and go along with it haha ! Also, wanna mention I made a new logo for the blog ! (I mean shes cute, shes a winner) Currently making changes to make it pop more !! If you guys have any ideas for me let me know ! I wanna give it more of that wow factor ! Sorry off topic ! 🙂 Anyways, I wanna talk about Summer how we get all excited because the weather is finally warm , we can do so many more activities, and creating more memories ! This Summer, I was so excited to go out more and do things I haven’t experienced (legit made a summer bucket list because I am basically 5 years old) I always wanna have fun during the summer time and live everyday like its my last ! Then, i started to get distracted by certain situations and people. I was putting my time and energy on people and situations that I shouldn’t have dwelled on to begin with, but in the moment I had caught myself and realized “Why am I doing this to myself?” So I took a step back and reanalyzed everything that had happened for the past month and got myself together. I decided to take a week or two by myself and try to focus on me, Mental Health is very important if you have to take a break and just focus on yourself there is nothing wrong with that ! I’m really thankful for my friends and family who were super understanding with my decision ! Being by myself I realized who much the people in my inner circle really care about me and want me to the best person that I am , it made me forget about the other things that were going on and made me more confident to better myself ! I think when we feel lost or you get distracted by everyday events we should stop everything and remember what makes us happy ? who in my life really cares about me ? and how will I move on from this will I become stronger or will this make me weaker. I think negative situations that happen in our life, make us stronger and realize we can move on and be grateful how we overcame the situation. This is why im just focusing on myself this summer trying to become a better person ! Using my creativity, following through my goals, and working hard ! Working on yourself can give you positive feedback and feeling good about yourself internally. When you feel good about yourself it reflects in who you are as a person and the people you attract in your life !!
Namaste (nah-mas-tay) “My soul honors your soul. I honor the place in you where the entire universe resides. I honor the light, love, truth, beauty, & peace within you, because it is also within you, because it is also within me. In sharing these things we are united, we are the same, we are one.”
Hey Everyone !!
Like the intro of the blog ? Today I am going to talk about how I will be attending yoga for a month, to focus more on my physical, mental, and spiritual health.
“How did the idea of attending yoga for a month, come to mind?”
One of my goals this month was, getting back into shape and feeling better about myself. Recently, I have not been happy with my weight recently and that has affected my self-esteem and people around me with my constant “I’m so fat!” and I would want to hear the reassurance of “No! Brooke you are so thin!” I decided to get out of this funk, and thought about joining a gym but the downside is I HATE working out (I can only work out for a good 5 minutes and i’m basically done) and I didn’t wanna waste my money on something that I know I’m not going to enjoy so that idea was off the table. But, I had thought “How about Yoga?” I went to a yoga studio near my house and it was an absolute amazing experience. After a couple of classes I stopped going because I was busy with work and school so I stopped showing up (main reason my groupon there was expired) Recently Ive missed it a lot, and it had made me feel good about myself and had a positive affect on my life.
“Were you nervous to get back into Yoga?”
I signed up for my groupon on Sunday, I wanted to start the week on a good note and spring is now here so I decided to get out of the house more often to attend yoga and maybe do a walk around the park afterwards (: When I went on Monday, I was super nervous I thought “Oh my god what if everyone is better than me?” Of course when you get back into something, your negative thoughts resurface but don’t let it get the best of you ! You’re doing something good for yourself and something that makes you happy that’s pretty amazing in my book !! My first class back, my instructor Laura made me feel welcomed and that helped me overcome my negative thoughts and fears in the yoga session. The people who were there also in the class were super nice any time someone walked in they would always greet you with a smile and its great to know you are in a place where everyone accepts you without even knowing who you are, its a judgement free zone. I look at it like this, we all have one goal we want to focus on whether its waning to become more fit, do something we enjoy in our free time, we should be proud that we took the first step into achieving our goals, and whoever is making fun of for it or wanting us to fail is losers who are to scared to step out of their comfort zone.
“What do you want to get out of doing Yoga for a month?”
My goal out of this month is, to find true happiness within myself. I believe Yoga will help me because, it helps you take a moment out of your day to focus on yourself. How we should be grateful for this moment we have and we can go at our own pace and no one is judging us, as my yoga teacher said to the class the other day “This is your journey, just focus on your breathe and go at your own pace.” What I want to do this month is, recently I have been going to Yoga in the morning because its a great way to wake up and start the day also working out in the a.m. helps you be awake and give you endorphins. Also, I am trying to go 7 days a week, I know its a lot but I want to take the time out and for a moment to focus on myself and know everything is going to be okay just keep calm and continue the flow in and out of the yoga practice. I hope yoga can open new doors for me to become more confident and help me loose weight by doing something I really enjoy! I will write about my yoga experience in month, on how it had changed me mentally, physically, and spiritually. I just wanna say to everyone thank you for taking your time and reading my blog, I enjoy writing my experiences and my ways of self-care ! The positive feedback means everything to me !
Hey guys!! Today I wanna take the time to discuss starting your own Self-Care Routine. We get lost in every day responsibility’s, such as going to work, school, events, and etc we forget to take time for ourselves and begin to stress forgetting the main importance of our mind, body, and soul. I decided to make my own self-care routine to take some time during my day to focus on myself and hope to help others gain how to love yourself.
Here is my Self-Care Routine I made ! Take a Look(:
So let’s break down the schedule shall we (:
- 9:30 am – Wake up and Enjoy the day I believe waking up at 9:30 am is a good set time, its not too late and not to early. If you have a hard time waking up early here is a good tip I use, set up an alarm on your phone around 9 am and it will help you to take some time to wake up before your set time.
- 10:00 am- Make some Breakfast My personal favorite is cheerios with sliced bananas (yes I had just singed Gwen Stefani’s Hollaback Girl to remember to spell Bananas) But a perfect breakfast (in my opinion) Some nice iced coffee with a some avocado toast, anything that fills your belly (:
- 10:30am – Walk around the Neighborhood Sometimes a walk around your neighborhood takes some to relax your mind, just listen to some music and enjoy the your time by yourself. Another good place to walk is around the park, meet new people and enjoy some nice breeze.
- 11:00am – Nice Steamy Shower and Face Mask A great way to start the day is to take a nice shower or bubbly bath, It opens up your face, body, and helps your hair become super clean. Also, it makes you feel wide awake and you’re more determined to start your day on the right foot. Also, after a shower putting on a face mask really helps with your skin and a great way to make yourself feel good.
- 11:30am – Hair, Nails, and Make up time! When you fix your hair, do your nails, and add a little makeup it can go a long way!As my mom would always say to me “Look good, feel good!” Do something new with your hair, try out a fishtail braid (I don’t know if that still is popular but it looks super pretty), Half up half down in a cute bun with scrunches, personally what I do is my hair is super frizzy and curly so I always blow out and flat iron my hair. Doing your nails is always super relaxing, but personally I always mess up every time I do them on my own so I go and get them done professionally. Last make up, just add a little foundation, mascara, and some lip gloss and you are good to go! Don’t go to crazy a little bit is fine, unless you are a makeup god and can contour, can do some amazing winged eyeliner, and can apply false lashes. Do your thing!! I am forever envious of you ha ha!
- 12:00pm – Pick out a Cute Outfit An outfit can decide how you will determine your day, wearing your favorite sweatshirt and yoga pants you just wanna stay in your bedroom all day and relax or if you wear those jeans you have been dying to feel comfortable in and a cute tank top with a cardigan you would def want to show it off! But, if you are undecided try to wear your favorite leggings, (trust me I know I hate wearing jeans) , A flowly top with a cardigan and some cute converse or combat boots !
- 12:30 pm- Plan a ride somewhere local Getting out of the house is a great way to get some fresh air, roll down the windows, and dance in your car while everyone watches you having fun. Some good local spots I would say is go to a coffee shop (my favorite place to drink some cute coffee drinks) , the beach and a nature preserve.
- 1:00 pm- Favorite Playlist Pick your favorite playlist to jam out to while driving, something that makes you feel happy and enjoy your day! my personal favorite of my playlists is the Early 2000’s reminding me of the good old times and memories, forever will jam out to Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake !
- 1:30 pm – Write about your trip Keep a journal or a personal diary and write about your day and how it made you feel, writing about your day and how you feel helps you express your feelings! Its a good way to look back on how you felt and make you smile about that personal memory.
- 2:00pm – Call a family member or friend The best thing to do is always keep in contact with friends and family Tell the about your day and ask them how they are doing as well, its always good to keep in contact with the people you love !! Make plans with them as well, try to do fun activities with them or meet up with them at one of their houses for some coffee or tea (:
- 2:30 pm – Light Lunch Nothing is better than lunch time, Have an apple with some yogurt and some iced tea sounds like a yummy meal!! my favorite thing to eat during lunch is something with avocados is the way to my heart and iced tea sounds amazing !!
- 3:00pm – Make plans with Friends Making plans with friends is to let go of the stress of everyday life and take a breath and say “ah” I love hanging out with my friends, its a great way for me to destress (is that even a word) and make funny jokes and just enjoy the moment with the people I care about the most and have fun ! Nothing is better than hanging out with people who you love the most and accept you for who you are !
- 3:30 pm – Go to the Beach and Dance Around A nice trip to the beach around sunset is the best thing to do, sometimes bringing my friends makes the trip more fun ! Getting some snacks from 7/11 and a big gulp would sound amazing park near the sunset and get out of the car and dance to your favorite songs with your friends !! Best feeling ever ! Just being free with the breeze ! Sounds like a good time for me!
- 4:00 pm– Sit around with the family Sitting around with your family is the best way to recount the day and talk about your day and what happened, tell some funny jokes! My family and I sit around the dinner table while my mom makes dinner and we enjoy eachothers company while my dog waits for food to drop on the floor so she can eat it !
- 4:30 pm – Dinner The best time is Dinner in my opinion, sitting around the round table and discussing about your day ! You get to recount your day with everyone and bring something to the table while munching on some spaghetti and meatballs or Italian bed (my favorite thing about dinner is the bread and the only thing I eat) I love my carbs !!
- 5:00 pm – Yoga Clearing your mind and doing some yoga poses, while playing the best yoga playlist that Spotify has to offer you, puts you in a great mindset and relaxing your mind,body, and soul. Try to do it outside as well If you are sick doing it in your room, I did yoga for a month at a Yoga Studio and I loved it im trying to get back into it !!
- 5:30 pm – Play with your furry friends The best thing to do is to snuggle up with your cat, bunny, dog, etc. I love hanging out with my dog Lucky I snugs with her while she is on my bed because In my house we are super loud and my poor dog gets scared easily. But, I give her cuddles and let her sleep on the left side on my bed and shes my friend.
- 6:00 pm – Clean up the House Cleaning up the house is a good way to help others in your household, My mom is probably going to read this and start saying “You never clean up” which is true. But, just cleaning your bed room or putting your clothes away can make a big impact in household chores.
- 6:30 pm- Comfy Pj’s Time Its the best feeling to get out of your everyday clothes and get into your favorite cozy pj’s my all time favorite is my Cheshire cat onesie that I now found out my dad threw out because he did not believe 21 year old should be wearing Disney onesies (he doesn’t understand my love for Alice in Wonderland) Still I have not forgiven him for throwing it out.
- 7:00 pm – Put some T.V. on ! Netflix and Hulu are the way to go !! Watch a funny movie (my current favorite is Sing that movie , with the animals doing the singing competition and I laugh all the time ) or binge watch your favorite t.v. series (Big Mouth is my favorite go to show Coach Steve is mad funny don’t fight me on that)
- 7:30 pm – Explore the Internet Looking up on amazon all the cheap stuff you wanna buy (my personal favorite is boho bags not gonna lie love carry them around) or going on youtube and watching some funny videos or jam out to some music playlists on there!
- 8:00 pm – Put some fuzzy socks on ! Nothing is better to put on some fuzzy socks before you get ready for bed and snuggle up in bed. my all time favorite fuzzy socks are the ones with the animals on them I currently own the llama ones that I got for Christmas
- 8:30 pm – Cuddle with some blankets Gather up some blankets and begin to cuddle up with them in your bed, I have about 5 blankets I bury myself with while going under the covers and my heads laying on 5 million pillows.
- 9:00 pm- Bed Time Hit the hay tomorrow is a new day !! I like going to bed at 9 pm cause im now old ( Lol not really) But im always excited to start a new day and continue the cycle again !!
Thanks for reading guys hope this helps!! you don’t need to follow all these steps at these times (trust me sometimes I don’t) but its a good stepping stone on you should take some time and try to take care of yourself! IF you are feeling down and depressed and don’t have really a set routine you can totally follow this or make one your own !! Thank you Everyone !