Hi Everyone ! Its been a couple of days since I last wrote, sorry for going M.I.A. for a while I have been on and off with writing a new blog post because I haven’t felt really inspired the past couple of days or should I say weeks.. So I kind of went missing and taking some time to myself. But, the other day while I was getting ready to go out I always put a movie on to hear some background noise when I get ready and I decided to watch Lost in Translation with Scarlett Johansson and Bill Murray, I never really knew the background of the movie I just remembered when I was little my mom had the Dvd in the house and I saw the iconic photo of Bill Murray in a bathrope in a hotel room. But, I was only 6 when I saw it and I was super confused. But, the movie was about two people Bob who is a famous actor and Charlotte who is staying with her photographer husband feeling very lost in their lives and are currently staying in a hotel in Japan. They feel lost not having any connection with the people because of the language barrier. Watching the movie I connected with the main character Charlotte, she is around my age and she was dealing with depression feeling like she cant tell anyone about whats going on with her making herself isolated from everyone. She is not happy in her marriage and she feels lost with where she is going in life and wants to find the true meaning of happiness. I related to her a lot as someone who just finished up college in the winter and still feels lost on what I wanna do and started to overthink “its not gonna get better” “everything sucks right” after I finished up with college I started to get sad and not feel like myself, I felt lost and confused with what was going on around me and I felt so isolated from the world. I think this movie helps a lot with dealing with depression or how it feels going through it, It was crazy how much I related to the main character . The one line that stood out to me the most is when she is talking to the another main character Bob in the hotel room and asks, “Does it get better?” at first he says “no” and then “yes” I related to this a lot because I always asked myself in my head “Will I get better” “Will it become easier” but in reality, life is hard and difficult but you can get through it no matter what ! Its normal to feel sad but it will get better you just need good people who surround you and encourage you to be the best person you can be !
Hello ! So Today I wanted to write about my experience at GovBall in June but I wanted to bring up a serious topic that not really people discuss and I using this platform I wanted to bring it up and discuss me going through it personally ! So I bought Govball tickets in January (it was a graduation gift from finishing up college) and I was super pumped (New York Coachella) I was basically attending I never really went to a big concert like this I only attended a few mini concerts the biggest concert ive attended was probably Warped Tour last year ! So I really didn’t know what to expect, So it was the day of the concert and my sister and I were so exicted we left around 4 ish to get to the concert because the people we wanted to see such as, Brockhampton, Lil Wayne, and Tyler the Creator were performing ! So we went to the main stage after a long walk to Randall Park, Brockhampton was about to perform and we were dead in the front.. and I noticed I started to become panicky.. and I had no idea why, Ive been to so many concerts and in the front and never had this type of reaction so I started to become nervous and freaked out a little bit. But, I didn’t wanna ruin this moment and tried to stay calm with deep breathing and remebering “I am fine” “I am not gonna get hurt” “Its okay” just repeating those words in my head I slowly began to calm down. The show begins to start and the crowd is crazy it was to the point I was almost on the floor, so my sister and I left and walked towards the edge because I needed more space to breathe. Honestly if you ever experience that at all, just try to go near a space where it is less crowded no one is judging you or anything its okay ! if you need space thats fine ! After Brockhampton we went to see Lil Wayne and Tyler the Creator, we were near the back but we could still see the acts and I wasn’t crowded by so many people so I felt more okay and relaxed. It winded up being a really fun night ! The next day, it was Saturday ! that was a crazy day because we were at the concert longer than the day before and knowing myself I get tired after 5 hours being somewhere and I wanna go home LOL so yeah ! My sister and I, were waiting in the front waiting for the 1975 and out of nowhere i started to have a major panic attack to the point I couldn’t breathe and it was very scary because I haven’t experienced a full on panic attack like that since maybe 2 months ago, and I didn’t know what to do and I just wasn’t myself. Everyone in the crowd was very supportive and super nice trying to calm me down ! Thankfully, I got through it and finally calmed down and it was embarrassing I went through that with everyone watching me but everyone was super nice and just wanted to help me out ! What I wanna get out writing about this is, its okay to have a panic attack during a concert or music festival ! If you feel a little nervous tell someone or your friend youre with to let them know “Hey I feel a little off, I’m gonna stay in the back” and regroup at the end of the show ! Just always remember your safety and well-being comes first if you don’t agree with how your body is feeling its okay ! take your self out of that situation try to stand with less people and take a few calming breathes. Just remember what youre attending the concert for.. To have fun ! Enjoy the moment ! Don’t let it ruin your time ! Thanks for reading my little rant and hoped this helped anyone who read this !!
Hey Everyone !! Hope you all had a great weekend !! Even though Monday is lurking around the corner, lets enjoy this Lazy Sunday and reflect on our weekends ! So yesterday, I had no plans like ZERO and Ive been hinting a New York City trip but I was like “eh maybe not cause no one wants to go with me” Also, I never been alone in the city by myself like EVER so I was always codependent on someone when I traveled. Basically, I said “Im gonna go to the city by myself and walk around and enjoy my time !” So catched a train and was on my way ! After 2 hours and a 1 min (yes I checked the ride time because I am a total noob) I was finally there ! Took a uber to Columbus Circle to meet up with my best friend from highschool Jason !! I havent seen him in, 5 years since we both graduated highschool but we always been super close and I was so exicted to see him ! So we met at the shops near Columbus and legit we had this adorable moment when I was so exicted to see him ! Like in the movies !! Where ya havent see a person in so long and you guys get super exicted ! So basically that is what happened ! We walked around Central Park, because I was dying to see Strawberry Fields I tried to go a couple of weeks ago by myself when I stayed in the City for a music festival, but I winded up getting lost and had to call my brother who lives near the park for directions to get out of the park LOL it was very bad but I survived. Sorry about that odd flashback but, we walked around and finally found strawberry fields ! (I obviously took a photo with it) and I saw the cute boats on the water and I begged Jason to come with me and do it, and hes like nah and I was like yeah I understand. (If any cute boys reading this who would like to take me on a cute date like that pls don’t be a stranger and message me) haha so after that idea failed, Jason took some cute photos of me ! I loved how he grasped me being my happy self and enjoying the moment !! (Also they’re very good dating profile photos as well) LOL okay I have to stop ! We walked around near the met !! and went to this small tiny diner ! Also they didnt give us our iced coffee and diet coke (very mad about that still) But around 5 I left ! It was a great day !! It’s always good to reconnect with old friends from your past ! Yes, you get older , life becomes more crazy ! But the connection is always there ! When I saw Jason legit nothing has changed between us we are still the goofy kids who would sit on the bench on our off period senior year and talking about our inside jokes ! All together what I want to get out of this blog post is, be grateful for the moment and the people who still are in your life ! Even though if you havent seen them in a while or talked to them in years, talking to them you realize you stil have a connection and a close bond it makes you realize why they were in your life in the first place ! Thanks all I wanted to say and share love you guys !
Hey Everyone ! Long time no write (I thought I was being cleaver when I wrote that.. but I failed miserably) Anywhoooooo , So the reason ive been basically M.I.A for about two months. I have been writing on and off, but I started to give up and not believe what I was writing was good enough. I gave up and just delayed writing all together which was bad because I wanted to write but then I thought “Oh Ill do it later! Not a big deal !” Which made me begin to procrastinate and unmotivated and started to lose interest. A couple of weeks have passed since I last wrote, and I started not to feel like myself and I gave myself some “Me” time mostly consisted with hanging out with friends, going out exploring new places (nature preserves), and discovering my own happiness and trying to do things for myself independently . Honestly, it was the best decision to take some time off and work on myself. . Its good to take some alone time for yourself, we get so caught up on we need to get our lives together so we can live happy lives and become successful. Taking time for yourself does help you in the long run, a step back makes you become refocused on the goals and dreams you set up in the long run ! During this mini break I realized, I should not be so hard on myself in writing and in my personal life. Sometimes when we are so hard on ourselves (I know because I am my own worst critic) we give up on achieving what we want to become and goals we set out for ourselves and I noticed I was doing that and I slowly began to give up. Step by Step I started to better myself, whenever it was going away for a day doing something out of the ordinary, or exercise (yoga) , and just taking time for myself. I started to get more inspired and refocused. I think its a good thing for anyone in general to take a step back from your prioritizes in life and focus on yourself because you are the most important not other everyday tasks we focus on ! So that was my little rant ! I’ll be posting soon ! I got some good trips this month and I cant wait to write about it !! Love you all
How many of you wake up and the first thing you do is get out your phone and scroll through all your social media apps, I am mostly talking about Snapchat or Instagram. When we go on snapchat we look at everyone’s stories, seeing the new apartment they just got, going to that music festival you couldn’t get tickets for, the amazing trips in different countries, and trying out new amazing food from that new restaurant. But, I mostly want to focus on Instagram and start a conversation on how it can impact us negatively and positively.
I wanted to share my personal experience about Instagram, last summer I was going through a lot I was not happy and went through a hard time. I didn’t want anyone to know how I was feeling so I portrayed a “Happier” version of myself on social media. I saw this quote on Instagram that spoke to me a lot and it said,
“Instagram is your own personal little vision board, use it manifest your visions instead of posting reminders of your pain.” That spoke to me a lot, and decided let me delete all my dumb selfies in my bedroom, pictures I took years ago but reposted on Instagram, and my terrible attempt of drawing the little mermaid and gave up, drew her a sweater. Last summer, I was just so focused on my Instagram so focused on getting a lot of followers and gaining more likes. That was my true happiness during the time, which leads me to the conversation.. The one thing I don’t like about Instagram we are so obsessed with followers who looks at our feed, the likes we get, we have to delete our photo if it doesn’t get more than 100 likes, and how it is a competition to see how “popular” we are and who likes us the most. It can ruin our self esteem feeling as if we aren’t good enough, making us worried we are not living our life to the fullest and we start to view ourselves as “Lame”
I was so worried every time I lost a follower or didn’t get that many likes, I began to think to myself “Am I not pretty, fun, or interesting?” I began that summer planning trips to go upstate and go to the city, thinking you know if I go around and have fun people will be more interested and think “Hey Brooke is pretty cool!” The thing I am trying to point out is, I was more excited to take some cool photos and show everyone what I was doing! People are so invested in taking “The Best Photo” editing the photo, thinking of a clever caption, and watching all the likes come up on their home screen that they don’t enjoy the moment the time being on the time or hanging out with your friends, we are more focused on taking cute photos and posting the picture on Instagram. Also, Instagram is not a way for you to be “happy” I am not happy how we are in a society that we get so excited if we get so many likes on a photo or how many followers we have, that is not true happiness. Again, this is just my point of view on Instagram but I believe it takes over people’s lives and we don’t look beyond social media. I admit, I am guilty towards being obsessed with Instagram with reposting photos because it didn’t get as many likes, and if I hit 200+ likes on my photo I get excited. But, we have to remember this.. It is just a photo. We don’t know their whole story and who they are as a photo we just how they want to portray themselves on Social Media.
I shared my views on social media when I discussed about my body issues and the way I viewed myself based on, seeing girls looking amazing on Instagram and me feeling depressed and not good enough. One of my followers on Instagram, Mike had reached out to me about my blog post about my discussion about being body positive. I feel we need a platform to discuss the good and bad about social media and how we should change it, make it more positive besides feeling as if we are in a competition. Mike had told me he is working to become a psychologist and specializing in eating disorders. We both talked about how we struggled with our body images. Hoe we both take a day out and to focus on ourselves and the process of our self improvement. I want to share his point of view on the direction and influence of social media, (Also he should definitely start a blog because I saw so much truth in his writing!)
“The names that time will remember are those who resonate the most to specific audiences. The music created by legacy is composed by many, working collaboratively on a song of purpose, perseverance, insight and wisdom. This is a time where people are hungry for inspiration, compassion, affirmation, and knowledge. People want to learn, and they want to feel what they learn at an emotional level. They want to be entertained while simultaneously amazed. We’re dying for the next real and relatable underdog story. We have no idea who we can trust with our hope and our support, but we invest in those who put themselves on the front line, those who call themselves ‘influencers.’ Simply put, the definition of the term ‘influencer’ has become flexible. What will inspire society to exceed the boundaries that keep them grounded? We need voices that will elevate us and bring us to a new level of lifestyle satisfaction. We need not boundaries, we need more than names. We need heroes. So many characters have dominated Instagram with the image they present to the world, which is far from their authentic personalities. People aren’t required to post their baggage on social media. So we aspire to be like these people who aren’t posting their full selves in their #SundaySelfies. We’re living comparatively at the expense of self esteem. I firmly believe that people should be helping others, without the gratification and vanity brought by popularity. We need to abandon the ‘SELF help’ movement and work toward a ‘help others’ movement. We need to refuse boastful pride and judgment and move toward kindness and compassion. I’m noticing a trend. I see people shy away from presenting their valuable thoughts and ideas to the world because they feel that they aren’t enough. They refrain from posting their personal progress-whether it’s career progress, academic achievement, gym accomplishments, or anything that anyone else may say “Well…someone else did it better.” For the sake of self esteem, let’s change the direction that influence is heading. Let’s do all that we can to become influencers in our own regard. Let’s be more than just a picture on someone else’s Instagram feed. Let’s take back the role of ‘hero’ in our own stories and let us do so as our authentic, real, raw, selves. Let’s embrace imperfection and acknowledge love and progress for those who have come a long way with us. Let’s empower others and be part of the story rather than scroll through and pass through like ghosts. A movement is started with a single step.”
I believe we should end the stigma of the “Competition” that we see on Instagram and focus more on encouraging people ! Yes, I do believe Instagram and Social Media is a great platform to show your hobbies and ideas and It’s a great step in the right direction to become noticed by companies! But, at the same time the competition aspect can really damage a person’s self esteem and hurt them in the process. So my goal is to end, the struggle to become noticed or feel “good”and feel confident and post whatever you feel like posting and not be concerned on how people view yourself. Anyways thank you guys for reading this ! I hope we can join together and focus on the positive aspect of Instagram and end the negativity that comes along with it.
Today I woke up in a funk, I didn’t want to do anything and just stay in bed for the rest of the day. It was weird, last week I felt so good and feeling positive and out of the blue my negative thoughts had resurfaced back.. I didn’t want it to affect my day. Finally, getting out of my bed I decided to make myself a cup of coffee and put some comfy clothes on the best thing to do is get out of your pajamas. Try putting on some comfy jeans and a cute cardigan, which I did my mom had encouraged me to come out to look at some cute spring clothes and the local Marshall’s. Getting distracted by doing something such as going shopping and looking for cute clothes focuses your attention on something else, by looking at the clothes you get excited by, thinking about where you would wear it, how it would look on you, and how you would feel confident wearing the outfit. After shopping I went to eat some lunch, enjoyed a hamburger with french fries with my mom. It’s good to get out when you are eating you are surrounded by other people and can have meaningful conversations with the people you are with and enjoy each other company. After, we came back home I went back upstairs and listened to my music I realized I shouldn’t be in my room doing nothing and got up and went on a walk. I put my shoes on and blasted Panic at the Disco! on my phone and began to walk, I focused on the music playing and looked what was right in front of me. Walking sometimes helps you get out of your mind and gets you to think what you have in the moment. If you are angry or something, kick a rock and continue to walk I look at it like this when you are walking look at it like a path. There are going to be stumbles along the way but we still have to walk along the way to our beautiful destination. What I am trying to say in this post is, we go through our ups and downs and it is our decision on how to overcome the problem that is right in front of us. Its okay to go through bad times, it makes us stronger as individuals and we will see the light at the end of the road. Just remember to keep your head up and accept the sad days, you will get better !
Hey guys!! Today I wanna take the time to discuss starting your own Self-Care Routine. We get lost in every day responsibility’s, such as going to work, school, events, and etc we forget to take time for ourselves and begin to stress forgetting the main importance of our mind, body, and soul. I decided to make my own self-care routine to take some time during my day to focus on myself and hope to help others gain how to love yourself.
Here is my Self-Care Routine I made ! Take a Look(:
So let’s break down the schedule shall we (:
- 9:30 am – Wake up and Enjoy the day I believe waking up at 9:30 am is a good set time, its not too late and not to early. If you have a hard time waking up early here is a good tip I use, set up an alarm on your phone around 9 am and it will help you to take some time to wake up before your set time.
- 10:00 am- Make some Breakfast My personal favorite is cheerios with sliced bananas (yes I had just singed Gwen Stefani’s Hollaback Girl to remember to spell Bananas) But a perfect breakfast (in my opinion) Some nice iced coffee with a some avocado toast, anything that fills your belly (:
- 10:30am – Walk around the Neighborhood Sometimes a walk around your neighborhood takes some to relax your mind, just listen to some music and enjoy the your time by yourself. Another good place to walk is around the park, meet new people and enjoy some nice breeze.
- 11:00am – Nice Steamy Shower and Face Mask A great way to start the day is to take a nice shower or bubbly bath, It opens up your face, body, and helps your hair become super clean. Also, it makes you feel wide awake and you’re more determined to start your day on the right foot. Also, after a shower putting on a face mask really helps with your skin and a great way to make yourself feel good.
- 11:30am – Hair, Nails, and Make up time! When you fix your hair, do your nails, and add a little makeup it can go a long way!As my mom would always say to me “Look good, feel good!” Do something new with your hair, try out a fishtail braid (I don’t know if that still is popular but it looks super pretty), Half up half down in a cute bun with scrunches, personally what I do is my hair is super frizzy and curly so I always blow out and flat iron my hair. Doing your nails is always super relaxing, but personally I always mess up every time I do them on my own so I go and get them done professionally. Last make up, just add a little foundation, mascara, and some lip gloss and you are good to go! Don’t go to crazy a little bit is fine, unless you are a makeup god and can contour, can do some amazing winged eyeliner, and can apply false lashes. Do your thing!! I am forever envious of you ha ha!
- 12:00pm – Pick out a Cute Outfit An outfit can decide how you will determine your day, wearing your favorite sweatshirt and yoga pants you just wanna stay in your bedroom all day and relax or if you wear those jeans you have been dying to feel comfortable in and a cute tank top with a cardigan you would def want to show it off! But, if you are undecided try to wear your favorite leggings, (trust me I know I hate wearing jeans) , A flowly top with a cardigan and some cute converse or combat boots !
- 12:30 pm- Plan a ride somewhere local Getting out of the house is a great way to get some fresh air, roll down the windows, and dance in your car while everyone watches you having fun. Some good local spots I would say is go to a coffee shop (my favorite place to drink some cute coffee drinks) , the beach and a nature preserve.
- 1:00 pm- Favorite Playlist Pick your favorite playlist to jam out to while driving, something that makes you feel happy and enjoy your day! my personal favorite of my playlists is the Early 2000’s reminding me of the good old times and memories, forever will jam out to Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake !
- 1:30 pm – Write about your trip Keep a journal or a personal diary and write about your day and how it made you feel, writing about your day and how you feel helps you express your feelings! Its a good way to look back on how you felt and make you smile about that personal memory.
- 2:00pm – Call a family member or friend The best thing to do is always keep in contact with friends and family Tell the about your day and ask them how they are doing as well, its always good to keep in contact with the people you love !! Make plans with them as well, try to do fun activities with them or meet up with them at one of their houses for some coffee or tea (:
- 2:30 pm – Light Lunch Nothing is better than lunch time, Have an apple with some yogurt and some iced tea sounds like a yummy meal!! my favorite thing to eat during lunch is something with avocados is the way to my heart and iced tea sounds amazing !!
- 3:00pm – Make plans with Friends Making plans with friends is to let go of the stress of everyday life and take a breath and say “ah” I love hanging out with my friends, its a great way for me to destress (is that even a word) and make funny jokes and just enjoy the moment with the people I care about the most and have fun ! Nothing is better than hanging out with people who you love the most and accept you for who you are !
- 3:30 pm – Go to the Beach and Dance Around A nice trip to the beach around sunset is the best thing to do, sometimes bringing my friends makes the trip more fun ! Getting some snacks from 7/11 and a big gulp would sound amazing park near the sunset and get out of the car and dance to your favorite songs with your friends !! Best feeling ever ! Just being free with the breeze ! Sounds like a good time for me!
- 4:00 pm– Sit around with the family Sitting around with your family is the best way to recount the day and talk about your day and what happened, tell some funny jokes! My family and I sit around the dinner table while my mom makes dinner and we enjoy eachothers company while my dog waits for food to drop on the floor so she can eat it !
- 4:30 pm – Dinner The best time is Dinner in my opinion, sitting around the round table and discussing about your day ! You get to recount your day with everyone and bring something to the table while munching on some spaghetti and meatballs or Italian bed (my favorite thing about dinner is the bread and the only thing I eat) I love my carbs !!
- 5:00 pm – Yoga Clearing your mind and doing some yoga poses, while playing the best yoga playlist that Spotify has to offer you, puts you in a great mindset and relaxing your mind,body, and soul. Try to do it outside as well If you are sick doing it in your room, I did yoga for a month at a Yoga Studio and I loved it im trying to get back into it !!
- 5:30 pm – Play with your furry friends The best thing to do is to snuggle up with your cat, bunny, dog, etc. I love hanging out with my dog Lucky I snugs with her while she is on my bed because In my house we are super loud and my poor dog gets scared easily. But, I give her cuddles and let her sleep on the left side on my bed and shes my friend.
- 6:00 pm – Clean up the House Cleaning up the house is a good way to help others in your household, My mom is probably going to read this and start saying “You never clean up” which is true. But, just cleaning your bed room or putting your clothes away can make a big impact in household chores.
- 6:30 pm- Comfy Pj’s Time Its the best feeling to get out of your everyday clothes and get into your favorite cozy pj’s my all time favorite is my Cheshire cat onesie that I now found out my dad threw out because he did not believe 21 year old should be wearing Disney onesies (he doesn’t understand my love for Alice in Wonderland) Still I have not forgiven him for throwing it out.
- 7:00 pm – Put some T.V. on ! Netflix and Hulu are the way to go !! Watch a funny movie (my current favorite is Sing that movie , with the animals doing the singing competition and I laugh all the time ) or binge watch your favorite t.v. series (Big Mouth is my favorite go to show Coach Steve is mad funny don’t fight me on that)
- 7:30 pm – Explore the Internet Looking up on amazon all the cheap stuff you wanna buy (my personal favorite is boho bags not gonna lie love carry them around) or going on youtube and watching some funny videos or jam out to some music playlists on there!
- 8:00 pm – Put some fuzzy socks on ! Nothing is better to put on some fuzzy socks before you get ready for bed and snuggle up in bed. my all time favorite fuzzy socks are the ones with the animals on them I currently own the llama ones that I got for Christmas
- 8:30 pm – Cuddle with some blankets Gather up some blankets and begin to cuddle up with them in your bed, I have about 5 blankets I bury myself with while going under the covers and my heads laying on 5 million pillows.
- 9:00 pm- Bed Time Hit the hay tomorrow is a new day !! I like going to bed at 9 pm cause im now old ( Lol not really) But im always excited to start a new day and continue the cycle again !!
Thanks for reading guys hope this helps!! you don’t need to follow all these steps at these times (trust me sometimes I don’t) but its a good stepping stone on you should take some time and try to take care of yourself! IF you are feeling down and depressed and don’t have really a set routine you can totally follow this or make one your own !! Thank you Everyone !