Hi Everyone ! I know its been forever since we last talked or spoken.. This week is focused on Mental Health Awareness, and I wanted to share about my struggle the past couple of months with dealing with depression and anxiety. So its been hard for me ever since I finished up at college and gotten my associates degree on what I wanted to do with my life after, Whats my next phase? What should I do next? It hard to know that my fellow peers my age are getting their bachelors degree and moving on to bigger and better things, and it was hard for me to see stuff on social media and I started to isolate myself from everyone. Every time someone would ask me “Hey Brooke so what are you doing now?” I would take it more of an insult, and become very defensive. It was to the point I would avoid certain family events or gatherings because my anxiety was so bad that I didn’t wanna be involved and wanted to hide from everyone. I felt so lost and I decided to give sometime to myself not isolating myself but focusing on my goals and work on myself to become better and stronger mentally. So I looked for an outlet to express myself I turned to writing and photography ! It was a fun way to express myself and wanted to show a different side I love to write to express my feelings and it helps me feel better writing my views on certain situation or if I go somewhere or experience something and I love talking about it to other people ! The Creative Outlook is amazing I met some amazing people and reconnect with old friends ! Being Creative has helped me calm down my anxiety and got myself in a better positive mindset. For this week, I want everyone to focus on yourself and your mental health and remember if youre having a bad day just remember to talk to someone and people want to see you happy and succeed !!
Hi Everyone ! Its been a couple of days since I last wrote, sorry for going M.I.A. for a while I have been on and off with writing a new blog post because I haven’t felt really inspired the past couple of days or should I say weeks.. So I kind of went missing and taking some time to myself. But, the other day while I was getting ready to go out I always put a movie on to hear some background noise when I get ready and I decided to watch Lost in Translation with Scarlett Johansson and Bill Murray, I never really knew the background of the movie I just remembered when I was little my mom had the Dvd in the house and I saw the iconic photo of Bill Murray in a bathrope in a hotel room. But, I was only 6 when I saw it and I was super confused. But, the movie was about two people Bob who is a famous actor and Charlotte who is staying with her photographer husband feeling very lost in their lives and are currently staying in a hotel in Japan. They feel lost not having any connection with the people because of the language barrier. Watching the movie I connected with the main character Charlotte, she is around my age and she was dealing with depression feeling like she cant tell anyone about whats going on with her making herself isolated from everyone. She is not happy in her marriage and she feels lost with where she is going in life and wants to find the true meaning of happiness. I related to her a lot as someone who just finished up college in the winter and still feels lost on what I wanna do and started to overthink “its not gonna get better” “everything sucks right” after I finished up with college I started to get sad and not feel like myself, I felt lost and confused with what was going on around me and I felt so isolated from the world. I think this movie helps a lot with dealing with depression or how it feels going through it, It was crazy how much I related to the main character . The one line that stood out to me the most is when she is talking to the another main character Bob in the hotel room and asks, “Does it get better?” at first he says “no” and then “yes” I related to this a lot because I always asked myself in my head “Will I get better” “Will it become easier” but in reality, life is hard and difficult but you can get through it no matter what ! Its normal to feel sad but it will get better you just need good people who surround you and encourage you to be the best person you can be !
Did you ever become so angry at someone, to the point where it takes over your life ? Does all that pint up anger get the best of you, the negativity gets the best of you and affects you mentally and physically? Yeah, I would just want to let you know its okay ! If you catch yourself being so mad and angry its good ! You notice that you want to change ! Thats the first step, when you notice it and take a step back and realize “I need to change all this negativity for myself and for my family and friends because your anger and frustration doesn’t affect yourself but everyone around you ! Here our some tips to know when you should let go/move on from being so angry inside !
- Remove yourself from toxic people/ situations – For myself, I noticed when im in a toxic situation or talking to someone I know I shouldn’t be talking to because I don’t feel happy/if its making me upset. I should remove myself from the issue. Yes, it takes a while to get over it but it slowly gets better everyday ! Focusing on yourself and what you need to make yourself happier, and if someone if not making you/ situation such as work or something like that you have the choice to remove that issue out of your life ! I think certain things that happen to use whenever it is good or bad, it happens because it makes us stronger and helps us realize what we have in life is pretty great !
2. Put your energy in a hobby- Take your energy into something good for example for myself, I love to write and when something negative happens to me I go to my writing ! It helps me express my feelings and get distracted by the little things that aren’t that big of a deal. I turn to writing because, it is something that I love to do since I was in high school. It made me realized how much happiness it brings in my life and it changed my whole outlook on life ! Writing about my experiences, trying to give advice for some people, and expressing m creativity ! You forget about all the anger when you concentrate on something that you love ! The anger begins to decrease and calms you down !
3. Make plans with friends and go out exploring – Its a good thing to get out of the house or plan to go out somewhere with yourself or your friends ! It makes you realize how much your friends really care about you and want the best for you ! I love my friends, whenever they know I am not feeling like myself they plan something to do and help me get my mind off of it and enjoy the moment and try to be happy !! Its a good way to get out of your mind and be appreciative with your family and friends they want the best for you !!
4. Take time for yourself- I was not having a good week two weeks ago, and I noticed I was being very angry and mad I started giving off bad vibes towards everyone ! I decided to take a break from people, I started to go back into yoga, turned on my laptop and began to write, and started to walk around the neighborhood in the morning (okay more like afternoon) to get myself back on track. When you take a step back and to improve yourself you become more confident and more focused on your goals !!
5. It takes time, so work hard and be focused- The anger will not be gone by tomorrow, it takes time and hard work ! The main focus in life is yourself, YOU matter than anyone else ! When you have an amazing support system who surrounds you they will help you get through this and you will find happiness again !! Take the time to be by yourself, surround yourself with positivity, and be grateful ! You’ll get through this don’t worry everything will happen for a reason ! Be grateful, be in the moment !!
Hello ! So Today I wanted to write about my experience at GovBall in June but I wanted to bring up a serious topic that not really people discuss and I using this platform I wanted to bring it up and discuss me going through it personally ! So I bought Govball tickets in January (it was a graduation gift from finishing up college) and I was super pumped (New York Coachella) I was basically attending I never really went to a big concert like this I only attended a few mini concerts the biggest concert ive attended was probably Warped Tour last year ! So I really didn’t know what to expect, So it was the day of the concert and my sister and I were so exicted we left around 4 ish to get to the concert because the people we wanted to see such as, Brockhampton, Lil Wayne, and Tyler the Creator were performing ! So we went to the main stage after a long walk to Randall Park, Brockhampton was about to perform and we were dead in the front.. and I noticed I started to become panicky.. and I had no idea why, Ive been to so many concerts and in the front and never had this type of reaction so I started to become nervous and freaked out a little bit. But, I didn’t wanna ruin this moment and tried to stay calm with deep breathing and remebering “I am fine” “I am not gonna get hurt” “Its okay” just repeating those words in my head I slowly began to calm down. The show begins to start and the crowd is crazy it was to the point I was almost on the floor, so my sister and I left and walked towards the edge because I needed more space to breathe. Honestly if you ever experience that at all, just try to go near a space where it is less crowded no one is judging you or anything its okay ! if you need space thats fine ! After Brockhampton we went to see Lil Wayne and Tyler the Creator, we were near the back but we could still see the acts and I wasn’t crowded by so many people so I felt more okay and relaxed. It winded up being a really fun night ! The next day, it was Saturday ! that was a crazy day because we were at the concert longer than the day before and knowing myself I get tired after 5 hours being somewhere and I wanna go home LOL so yeah ! My sister and I, were waiting in the front waiting for the 1975 and out of nowhere i started to have a major panic attack to the point I couldn’t breathe and it was very scary because I haven’t experienced a full on panic attack like that since maybe 2 months ago, and I didn’t know what to do and I just wasn’t myself. Everyone in the crowd was very supportive and super nice trying to calm me down ! Thankfully, I got through it and finally calmed down and it was embarrassing I went through that with everyone watching me but everyone was super nice and just wanted to help me out ! What I wanna get out writing about this is, its okay to have a panic attack during a concert or music festival ! If you feel a little nervous tell someone or your friend youre with to let them know “Hey I feel a little off, I’m gonna stay in the back” and regroup at the end of the show ! Just always remember your safety and well-being comes first if you don’t agree with how your body is feeling its okay ! take your self out of that situation try to stand with less people and take a few calming breathes. Just remember what youre attending the concert for.. To have fun ! Enjoy the moment ! Don’t let it ruin your time ! Thanks for reading my little rant and hoped this helped anyone who read this !!