During quarantine, I was going through a dark period and thinking I wasn’t doing anything meaningful in life. Just continuously binge watching Netflix series my all time favorite “Bojack Horseman” and watching iconic romance movies of the 80s and a little of late 90s. Why I have such high expectations towards relationships. I decided one day to watch tarot card readings, I know people think “How could you see the future in a card?” , “It’s not real” , “Why are you wasting your time, believing this?” It had helped me to focus on the positive not always seeing the negative, does majority of tarot cards tell your whole future? No. But, it can help you a lot with your current situations. For me, I take whatever connects with me and tarot cards help with helping me decide to I wanna learn from this or do I wanna stay in my current situation. After watching about a whole 24 hours on my tarot card based on my sun sign, I decided to go on the internet to learn more about astrology and tarot cards because I was so fascinated about the whole concept. I learned more about myself, such as my sun,moon,rising, and venus signs and how that makes me as a person. While researching it totally opened my spiritual side, and I began to notice things such as “angel numbers” for one I started to notice “111” everywhere, mostly when I was looking at my phone I saw “111” constantly ! I was so confused and wondered “What does that, mean?” So I went on my laptop and started to look more into it, “Number 111, your angels are telling you that you have their support and their love. So, when number 111 appears by your side, it may be right moment to take action. You should start a new project or something that may be of great importance for your life.” Now that is is, July I am excited to start a new journey in my life! Letting go of a toxic past and start a new phase in my life !
Hi Everyone, I haven’t been active on this blog in a while with everything going on in the world with COVID-19 and The protests for the BLM movement I decided to take a step back and focus on my mental health. Sometimes we need a step back from everything that is going on and take time for ourselves ! Sometimes Ive noticed I go in and out of depression and I forget how far ive come and it slowly (my depression) has creeping in and I decided to write a letter of how ive come ! So here comes the letter I wrote for myself:
Congratulations! I’m so happy you’re getting back on your feet, I know its hard some days when you don’t feel like getting out of bed or blasting your music to wish you were somewhere else in your life. But, recently you have caught yourself doing that and want to make a difference in your routine. The world is pretty scary with everything going on, but you manage to take the time out to see your friends and escape the stress by making everyone smile. You been focusing a lot on your work, with photography and you started to dabble into videography. I can tell it really makes you smile and you get a happy feeling after you show your work to others. Taking time for yourself, so when everything gets better in the world you will have a good shoulder on your head. Sometimes are better than others, but you’re on the right track just remember to breathe and be in the moment, don’t over think! I am so proud of how far you have come with your photography and videography, ending toxic relationships, and finally knowing your worth! Its a process but you’re on the right track, I am so proud of the steps you’re making Brooke for your accomplishments keep going always remember they’re people who want to see you succeed !
Hi Everyone Day 2 of my Journal Prompt Journey ! Today, I decided to talk about one word I love and believe with my whole heart, “Serendipity” Loved it so much I named my blog after it ! The meaning had resonated with me so much, “The Occurrence and Development of events by chance in a happy or beneficial way” Sometimes I believe that when you aren’t looking for something it comes out of the blue ! It’s an exciting surprise ! I would go back looking at this word when I have really bad days or when I think the world just hates me.. I always remember “Serendipity” something will happen out of the blue and when I least expect it and It will all make sense ! I thought it was a good idea to name my Blog “A Little Bit Of Serendipity” because, When we go through really tough times there will be a good outcome when you least expect it.. If you told me this a year ago today, I would of rolled my eyes and ignored you saying, “Yeah.. Okay” But these past couple of months, from meeting new people and exploring new activities the occurrence of Serendipity made me have a better outlook on life, Yeah there are times when I do have bad days like everyone but I know better days are coming and that should not stop me. One of my favorite movies of all time uses my favorite word “Serendipity” peep the photo I used in the introduction towards the writing prompt. Relating to the main character a lot, Sara Thomas she had a great life, a good job, a super cute house that I really want right next to a lake, a hilarious friend who doesn’t believe in astrology (its so true come on Molly Shannon), and strange fiancee with has a weird style of music (But we stand the creativity up in this household) She still was looking for more and followed her heart to go back to New York to the man she met years ago and had a deep connection with even though she only spoke to him for a couple of hours, but she didn’t give up on her connection. Following her heart and intuition ! As Jewel once said, “Follow your heart..your intuition it will lead you in the right direction!” I honestly believe good things happen when you least expect it, and its pretty beautiful the outcome. Just always remember everyone ! Sometimes when we least expect it something magical can happen and it can change your life for the better: For Example, Using this platform to speak my truth and try to make myself a stronger person and using my creativity to connect my art with others. I never have expected this outcome last year, I am so blessed for the people I met during this journey of self love and reconnecting with my souls person (whoa got super deep there) so that’s the reason why the word “Serendipity” has such an impact on me and what encouraged me to write this blog and want to express to people it gets better and their is always beauty in a breakdown! Thank you all for reading Day 2 ! Check out for tomorrow’s Blog Post ! Love to all you beautiful souls !!
Did you ever become so angry at someone, to the point where it takes over your life ? Does all that pint up anger get the best of you, the negativity gets the best of you and affects you mentally and physically? Yeah, I would just want to let you know its okay ! If you catch yourself being so mad and angry its good ! You notice that you want to change ! Thats the first step, when you notice it and take a step back and realize “I need to change all this negativity for myself and for my family and friends because your anger and frustration doesn’t affect yourself but everyone around you ! Here our some tips to know when you should let go/move on from being so angry inside !
- Remove yourself from toxic people/ situations – For myself, I noticed when im in a toxic situation or talking to someone I know I shouldn’t be talking to because I don’t feel happy/if its making me upset. I should remove myself from the issue. Yes, it takes a while to get over it but it slowly gets better everyday ! Focusing on yourself and what you need to make yourself happier, and if someone if not making you/ situation such as work or something like that you have the choice to remove that issue out of your life ! I think certain things that happen to use whenever it is good or bad, it happens because it makes us stronger and helps us realize what we have in life is pretty great !
2. Put your energy in a hobby- Take your energy into something good for example for myself, I love to write and when something negative happens to me I go to my writing ! It helps me express my feelings and get distracted by the little things that aren’t that big of a deal. I turn to writing because, it is something that I love to do since I was in high school. It made me realized how much happiness it brings in my life and it changed my whole outlook on life ! Writing about my experiences, trying to give advice for some people, and expressing m creativity ! You forget about all the anger when you concentrate on something that you love ! The anger begins to decrease and calms you down !
3. Make plans with friends and go out exploring – Its a good thing to get out of the house or plan to go out somewhere with yourself or your friends ! It makes you realize how much your friends really care about you and want the best for you ! I love my friends, whenever they know I am not feeling like myself they plan something to do and help me get my mind off of it and enjoy the moment and try to be happy !! Its a good way to get out of your mind and be appreciative with your family and friends they want the best for you !!
4. Take time for yourself- I was not having a good week two weeks ago, and I noticed I was being very angry and mad I started giving off bad vibes towards everyone ! I decided to take a break from people, I started to go back into yoga, turned on my laptop and began to write, and started to walk around the neighborhood in the morning (okay more like afternoon) to get myself back on track. When you take a step back and to improve yourself you become more confident and more focused on your goals !!
5. It takes time, so work hard and be focused- The anger will not be gone by tomorrow, it takes time and hard work ! The main focus in life is yourself, YOU matter than anyone else ! When you have an amazing support system who surrounds you they will help you get through this and you will find happiness again !! Take the time to be by yourself, surround yourself with positivity, and be grateful ! You’ll get through this don’t worry everything will happen for a reason ! Be grateful, be in the moment !!
Hey Everyone ! How is everyone’s day going ? I’m always bad at starting these blogs because I have no idea what to say first so I usually write the first thing that comes to mind and go along with it haha ! Also, wanna mention I made a new logo for the blog ! (I mean shes cute, shes a winner) Currently making changes to make it pop more !! If you guys have any ideas for me let me know ! I wanna give it more of that wow factor ! Sorry off topic ! 🙂 Anyways, I wanna talk about Summer how we get all excited because the weather is finally warm , we can do so many more activities, and creating more memories ! This Summer, I was so excited to go out more and do things I haven’t experienced (legit made a summer bucket list because I am basically 5 years old) I always wanna have fun during the summer time and live everyday like its my last ! Then, i started to get distracted by certain situations and people. I was putting my time and energy on people and situations that I shouldn’t have dwelled on to begin with, but in the moment I had caught myself and realized “Why am I doing this to myself?” So I took a step back and reanalyzed everything that had happened for the past month and got myself together. I decided to take a week or two by myself and try to focus on me, Mental Health is very important if you have to take a break and just focus on yourself there is nothing wrong with that ! I’m really thankful for my friends and family who were super understanding with my decision ! Being by myself I realized who much the people in my inner circle really care about me and want me to the best person that I am , it made me forget about the other things that were going on and made me more confident to better myself ! I think when we feel lost or you get distracted by everyday events we should stop everything and remember what makes us happy ? who in my life really cares about me ? and how will I move on from this will I become stronger or will this make me weaker. I think negative situations that happen in our life, make us stronger and realize we can move on and be grateful how we overcame the situation. This is why im just focusing on myself this summer trying to become a better person ! Using my creativity, following through my goals, and working hard ! Working on yourself can give you positive feedback and feeling good about yourself internally. When you feel good about yourself it reflects in who you are as a person and the people you attract in your life !!